Maps that are useful are:
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway, by Bureau of Parks and Maine Dept. of Conservation, State House 22, Augusta, Maine 04333 (no charge)
- Allagash & St. John, distributed by Delorme Publishing Co., P. O. Box 298, Freeport, Maine 04032 ($4.95) Telephone (207) 865-1234.
- St. John - Allagash Wilderness, published by Augusta D. Phillips & Son, Northeast Harbor, Maine.
For additional information on the area, you can refer to the Maine Atlas and Gazetteer, published by Delorme Publishing Co., P. O. Box 298, Freeport, Maine 04032. You can also contact one of the agencies listed below for further information on the general area.
- Bureau of Parks and Recreation, Maine Department of Conservation, State House 22, Augusta, Maine 04333 (207) 289-3821.
- North Maine Woods Inc., P. O. Box 421, Ashland, Maine 04732.
- Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, State House 41, Augusta, Maine 04333 (207) 289-2871.
- Baxter State Park Authority, 64 Balsam Drive, Millinocket, Maine 04462 (207) 723-5140.
If you plan to fish during the trip, you will need a Maine fishing license, available from: Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, Augusta, Maine 04330. Non-resident licenses can also be purchased at many sporting goods stores in Maine.
This family business has been in operation for over 70 years. Norm has been the owner for 35 years in 2021.
Trip participants may be reached IN AN EMERGENCY ONLY by calling the Maine Forest Service at (207) 695-7963. Contact with the Maine Forest Service can only be made on weekdays. Failing that, statewide assistance can be found by calling the Maine State Police at 1-800-452-4664.
You can also call for me, Norman, at Pelletier's Campground at (207) 398-3187 or (207) 834-6118.